Nigella Pancake Recipe
We sometimes follow different food sites on the web to get some fresh ideas for pancakes that we could share on our site. One of the cool food sites to check out is the bbc food website
. They have loads of different recipes. They also have quite a few pancake recipes and one of the more popular ones is the Nigella pancake recipe. Well, actually it is called homemade instant pancake mix with blueberry syrup but since the author/cook behind this recipe is Nigella Lawson (she also has a nice food website, check it out here
) we called it simply Nigellas pancake recipe. Anyway, we tried it this weekend and decided to share it with one difference - the original recipe wants you to make a pancake mix
. But our version will just make you one batch of pancakes that you will without a doubt eat right away:)! And its in cups and spoons. Here it goes:
Nigella Pancake Recipe Ingredients
• 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1 egg
• 1 cup milk
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 3-4 tsp caster sugar
• 1 tbsp melted butter
For the blueberry syrup
• 125ml/41fl oz maple syrup
• 200g/7oz blueberries
1. First mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Then slightly beat one egg and add it to the bowl. Also add milk and melted butter. Mix untile you have a nice and even pancake batter.
3. Take a non-stick frying pan or a griddle and don't add any oil. You need a pan that is in good condition, if it's full of scratches then you better add a drop of oil or butter.
4. Pour some batter onto the hot griddle so you make a round pancake about 4 inches in diameter.
5. When bubbles appear on the top of the pancake turn it around and cook it on the other side until it turns until golden-brown. Approximately 1 min each side.
1. Put blueberries into a pan and pour maple syrup over them then bring them to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Blueberries should be slightly broken down.
Just pour the blueberry syrup over the pancake and enjoy. We did!:)
Oh, one more tip from Nigella - if you are left with some blueberry syrup leftovers put them into the fridge and you can either mix it with some yogurt or put it on your bread.
This concludes "our" Nigella pancake recipe. Enjoy!