Blueberry pancake recipe and other fruit pancake recipes
From time to time I get bored of the simple pancake recipe and want to try something new, something different. An easy way to spice up you pancakes is adding fruits. It is easy because the only thing we do different when making pancake batter is adding fruit. Now in this blueberry pancake recipe
we will be of course adding blueberries but that shouldn't stop you to substitute blueberries with all sorts of other fruits. You can use any fruit you want but some mix and melt into the pancakes better. For instance ripe bananas, blueberries, blackberries will blend in really nicely. One more thing - this is basically a version of healthy pancake recipe
but you can add fruit to any pancake recipe you find on this website... well except the veggie salty ones I guess.
Blueberry pancake recipe ingredients
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk (you can add more if necessary, up to 1/4 cup more)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon artificial sweetener (you can also use brown sugar, honey or no sugar at all)
1/2 cup blueberries (or ripe bananas, or blackberries, or strawberries, or cherries, or...)
1. Sift together flour and baking powder.
2. Beat the egg, milk, salt and artificial sweetener together in a bowl.
3. Mix in flour/baking powder until everything is moistened. If the batter to thick add some more milk. The right pancake batter is thin enough to pour it but not runny.
4. Use a pan, a griddle, a skillet for making your pancakes. If it's not non-stick - spray it with cooking spray. Use medium heat and wait for your pan to heat up.
5. For one pancake pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan.
6. Turn the pancake around when you see bubbles on top (1 1/2 minutes). The continue cooking until it turns golden brown.
Hope you enjoyed this blueberry pancake recipe.